Full Court Hoops Mission Statement
Full Court Hoops is committed to the development of female, student-athletes on and off the court. On the court we provide quality instruction in the game of basketball – focusing on the fundamentals. Off the court, we are dedicated to the personal growth and maturation of our athletes. We concentrate on developing mental toughness, confidence, leadership, and a dedication to training. By emphasizing these traits, we will prepare our players for a successful athletic career and help them achieve their goals.
Full Court Hoops Pillars of Success
1) FCH players work on their game. We offer more practice hours than any organization – without question. Additional work can be accomplished outside of regular practice. Repetitions increase confidence. Confidence is built by working on your craft.
Character trait you are developing: HARD WORK
2) FCH players are encouraged to help coach youth athletes at our FCH summer camp & fall clinics. Remember how you felt as a young player & how much of an impact veteran players had on you.
Character trait you are developing: LEADERSHIP
3) Support other FCH teams at tourneys. Positive encouragement from the sidelines enhances team unity & it benefits the players watching by improving their basketball IQ.
Character trait you are developing: UNITY
4) Arrive early to all tournament games and practices. If you are just “on-time”…you are late.
Character trait you are developing: PUNCTUALITY
5) Participate in some of our community service events: City Mission meals, SMSFD Gala in June, SMSFD student basketball clinics and more.
Character trait you are developing: SELFLESSNESS
6) If a player cannot make practice or a game, this needs to be communicated to the head coach.
Character trait you are developing: ACCOUNTABILITY
7) FCH Players are encouraged to attend practices with both age groups above theirs and below. Take advantage of this! This challenges players to get out of their comfort zone.
Character trait you are developing: COMPETITIVENESS
8) Clean up all trash on the bench after each game and practice. Leave the building better than we found it. Set a standard that FCH does the little things right and does not worry about what other programs may be doing.
Character trait you are developing: RESPECT
9) Playing time is earned and determined by the head coach. Determining factors will include: practice attendance, skill level, attitude, game match-ups, and player to player cohesiveness. Playing time will be communicated from coach to player.
Character trait you are developing: COMMUNICATION WITH AUTHORITY
10) FCH payment is due upon request. There will be no refunds after a family makes the commitment to play for that travel season. Once teams are selected, we are making a commitment to your family and to your roster spot. A roster spot that could have gone to another player. *Players are permitted to play for other organizations, however, players should notify their coach of potential conflicts.
Character trait you are developing: COMMITMENT
“Full Court Hoops Clinics are the best youth sports sessions that I’ve ever seen. My two daughters have been involved in youth sports for the last 5-6 years, and I’ve never seen anything as good as their clinics. My wife and I were very impressed with the training and skills development, while also maintaining a sharp attention to focus and discipline, which seems severely lacking in many youth sports. We have been singing your praises since the very first session, and we will continue to recommend you to other parents. Thank you for your efforts, and continued success in the future.”
(Megan Wall 4th grader)
“Cara, it is amazing to see how far your organization has come over the years. Your hard work and dedication is paying off for so many young female basketball players in WNY. I am thankful that my girls had the benefit of your program to develop not only their basketball skills, but to mature as leaders to become the best person/teammate they can become. The confidence they were able to build as players as a result of your personal influence has helped them in so many other aspects of their lives. I want to personally thank you for your influence on my daughters. I enjoyed every minute of our involvement in your program and miss it more than you will ever realize. As much as I miss the hoops, I miss the people even more which is an indication of the quality of the people you have drawn into your program. I wish you continued success as you continue to grow your organization. Even though my girls are no longer in the program, I continue to follow. Take care, good luck, and continue to get 1% better everyday!”
(Father of Kourtney & Kathryn Krchniak)
“I was beyond impressed from the start with Full Court Hoops. They are a team of extremely experienced, passionate, and dedicated staff members. My daughter showed improvement not only in her basketball skills and IQ but life skills as well! They not only teach the girls basketball, they teach respect, dedication, accountability, and leadership skills. They set these girls up for success. I am thoroughly impressed and would recommend them to anyone!”
(Mother of Roseann Betz Grade 6)